Monday, June 3, 2013

Big Basin State Park

Here's a park that is very special to us! This is Big Basin State Park. After my mom and dad got married, they wanted to leave the busy city of Los Angeles. So my mom decided to transfer to Big Basin. After a couple years, my mom gave birth to me, and two years later, my sister. For 4 years, my sister and I grew up in the state park, in a small area where the rangers and maintenance workers could live. There were some tough times. Trees would fall and block the bath to the town, and my parents would have trouble getting back home. There were also power outages after storms. Luckily my parents had a backup generator, all our neighbors were jealous! When I turned 4, my parents decided that Big Basin just wasn't right anymore, and we wanted to be a bit closer to our family. So my mom transferred to Oceano Dunes, we moved to Santa Maria, and we've been here ever since!


We went back recently to Big Basin.. it is so beautiful. A part of me wishes to see what it would have been like if we never left. But I look at my life now and am glad to have met all these wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment